1) How do I find out how my child is getting on?
You can email, text or Facebook message us. We will get in touch with the instructor and let you know.
2) Can we stay and watch?
We allow the first and last 5 minutes for parents to watch. The reason is that you can be a distraction. 38 years of experience has taught us that we need 20 minutes where we have your child's attention.
3) Can we pay online or by card?
On Week 1 and Week 10 there is a card machine on site. If you are late paying, or join mid course, we ask you to pay via cash or cheque.
4) What happens if we can't make a lesson?
Sorry, you pay for the allocated slot. We can't let you swim on another day as a one off either as it is unfair to the instructor and may effect the ratio of that class.
5) How can we contact Andy or Matt?
We can be reached more ways than ever.
6) What age can children start?
Our parent and baby/toddler classes start at 12 months. Our main lessons start at 3 y.o and our adults start at 16 y.o.
7) What if a lesson gets cancelled?
If a lesson is cancelled by us, the lesson will get carried over (if it is the entire night or you will receive 1 week credit for the next course.
8) When do children do badges and what are they?
We follow the International Learn To Swim programme. Badges can be collected on Weeks 1, 5 or 10 of a course.
9) What standard do you teach up to?
Advanced groups can achieve their 2000m and survival awards. We also coach competitive strokes, turns and starts technique.
10) What if my child doesn't like it?
We have a very experienced staff that do everything that is needed to make it enjoyable for the little ones. Therefore fees are non-refundable once paid.